A conference is a time to speak with the teacher or a classmate about your process as a writer. Sometimes I will meet one-on-one and sometimes I will meet with small groups of writers. Here are the questions you can expect me to ask in one-on-one conferences…
- What are your goals today?
- What do you feel you are doing really well with?
- What do you feel a bit ify about?
- What can I help you with?
- How do you feel about your lead/ending/plot?
- What kinds of things have you been discussing with your partner?
Here are some things you can expect me to say during group conferences…
- I want to tell you more about [skill].
- Let’s try this [skill] out together.
- Who has a great example of [skill]?
- Who has a not so great example of [skill]?
Here’s a video to help you have a conference with a classmate…