Encyclopedia Memoir Writing Project
This is an awesome writing project to get your class lovin’ writing! This project gives students the opportunity to reflect on their personality and life, write in any format (paragraph, list, poem, table, song) about 26 school topics for each letter of the alphabet. This project gives students the opportunity to be creative in the topics they choose and the kind of pictures and art they include in their encyclopedia. If technology is available, students will love being able to use Microsoft Word or Google Docs to create their encyclopedias. I’ve done this project for three years and students always become incredibly engaged after I assign it, which is exactly what we want during our writing instruction!
This product includes:
- 4 pages of student directions (Google Drive version available to edit)
- 3 page list of topic ideas to get students generating ideas for their encyclopedia (Google Drive version available to edit)
- 6 sample encyclopedia entries to model what the encyclopedia should look like for your students (Google Drive version available to edit)
- 1 editable rubric to use to assess the project
- 26 page sample encyclopedia memoir project called "The Encyclopedia of a New Teacher's Life"
This product can easily be adapted for other grade levels and integrated into many subject areas.