This 53 page unit includes 12 mini lessons, writing charts (8 1/2×11 in), 5 writing process posters (8 1/2x 11 in), 3 student handouts, 8 writing samples, 1 conference tracking chart, 1 student checklists and 1 assessment rubric. This unit is easily adaptable to meet the Common Core Standards of grades sixth through eighth. Read more details in the description below and watch the video preview to get a peek inside!
UPDATED 8/30/18 to Include:
-Clickable Table of Contents
-8 1/2 x 11 inch Poster Versions of All Writing Charts
12 Mini Lessons Structured in the Following Way:
• Materials (including pre-made charts for use with the lesson)
• Hook- a fun way to start the mini lesson
• Teaching Point- a straightforward statement about what students will learn
• Modeling- a way for you to show students the skill you are teaching
• Practice-an opportunity for students to practice the skill with partners
• Share-an opportunity for students to share with the whole class what they learned through the mini-lesson (done after independent writing time)
Mini Lesson Topics Included:
• Listing Topics
• Drafting Stamina
• Organizing & Narrowing
• Researching Online
• Elaborating with Anecdotes, Quotes, Verbs & Statistics
• Elaborating with Precise Details
• Nonfiction Text Features
• Introductions & Conclusions
• Spelling, Capitalization & Punctuation
• Celebrate with a Publishing Party!
Also Included In This Product:
Not only does this unit include all of the above there are also 4 pages of tips about how to manage writing workshop and confer with students!