Informative Writing Unit
This comprehensive writing workshop unit includes 13 mini-lessons, mentor texts, editable writing charts, editable student handouts, editable writing samples to use during mini-lessons and editable assessment tools: a conference tracking chart, student checklist and single-point rubric. This resource also includes a teacher’s guide, an editable unit at a glance tool, video, and audio overviews!
12 Mini Lessons Structured in the Following Way:
• Materials (including pre-made charts for use with the lesson)
• Hook- a fun way to start the mini lesson
• Teaching Point- a straightforward statement about what students will learn
• Modeling- a way for you to show students the skill you are teaching
• Practice-an opportunity for students to practice the skill with partners
• Share-an opportunity for students to share with the whole class what they learned through the mini-lesson (done after independent writing time)
Mini Lesson Topics Included:
• Listing Topics
• Drafting Stamina
• Organizing & Narrowing
• Researching Online
• Elaborating with Anecdotes, Quotes, Verbs & Statistics
• Elaborating with Precise Details
• Nonfiction Text Features
• Introductions & Conclusions
• Spelling, Capitalization & Punctuation
• Celebrate with a Publishing Party!
Also Included In This Product:
Not only does this unit include all of the above there are also 4 pages of tips about how to manage writing workshop and confer with students!